Saturday, March 26, 2011

The Boys



The boys had their 15 month check up this week and they are doing great. Tyler is 27lbs, 33.5in (so 90% for weight, 95% for height). Sam is 23lbs, 33in (so 40% for weight, 90% for height). The are growing and progressing as they should. Our only issue is the allergies... and there are a lot of them. We're still gearing up to start the wheat-free, egg-free, peanut-free (and more) diet so we're not quite knee-deep yet, but I'm already stressing. I've already been there and done that for me and it is just so much work (plus feeding in general with 1 year olds is tough anyway). Granted, things have progessed thanks to the popularity of gluten-free diets but I'm still not looking forward to it. And there are no guarantees that this will do the trick to help their skin either. If you could tell me that in one year if I'm vigilant, they will be all better, I'd do it 100% in a heartbeat... but it just doesn't work that way. Argh.
On a different note, Sam finally has another tooth! They both are becoming expert climbers and can be found standing on top of the dining room table if you don't keep an eye on them. We also have started to wear the 24month clothes -- check out our new jeans and stripe shirts! They aren't saying too many words yet but I think they know a lot of what we are saying. I ask Sam to get his coat, and he immediately goes and gets it. Oh and they magically have been doing much better at naps and nighttime lately. We put them down and they barely cry. It's amazing! They are growing up!

1 comment:

  1. Hi big boys!
    Good to see you, glad your mom posts!
    I've been hearing about your science experiments with gravity. Apparently you have replicated your experiment and found that gravity works - every time! Keep laughing and learning! Looking forward to seeing you bowling soon.
    Aunt Brenda

    ReplyDelete